All ok

Just a quick update from my last post. The colonoscopy went fine and I don't have any polyps or cancer. So I'm coming on here to say yeah! I'm ok! :-)

We still don't know why I have this abdominal pain. My bloodwork from a few weeks ago showed elevated numbers for ovarian cancer and for bowel cancer. Ultrasound showed no issues with my ovaries and the colonoscopy showed no problems with my bowel. So we still don't have an answer. The next step will probably be a CT scan.

My familial risk for bowel cancer is 1 :8. But risk factors bear little relevance for me. Example: The bubster had a risk factor for Down Syndrome of 1 :4. We chose to not have the amnio. He does not have trisomy. Our daughter Imogen's suspected genetic condition occurs in 1 : 3,000,000. Yes, that is 6 zero's after that 3. The risk factor for having a baby die is about 1 :100. I could go on and on. We've all got a risk factor somewhere. The point is that none of us want to be that '1'. Today I wasn't. I'm grateful, very.

Comments

Tracy, mom2many said…
So glad all is ok as far as they can see! I'm glad the stats are on your side this time, as useless as they generally are. (((hugs)))
Laurie-Beth said…
(((((((((Big Hugs)))))))))

Good news! I'm happy for you...

But don't you know the odds are always so useful...(Where's the blinky when you need it?) I know I found them to be...Heck, I'm all for golfing in thunderstorms these days...You should try it sometime...

Perhaps the sarcasm isn't helpful...
Lissy said…
Blowing kisses & doing the happy dance in Sydney...

Yet, hope they find an answer for that troubling pain...

Much love to you Karin!!
Relief for the big scare, but still frustrating, I'm sure. Pain without a source in the body- esp that which eludes diagnosis- is incredibly frustrating. I hope it feels better soon honey.
XOXO
kate said…
So glad all is Okay! Due to the start of school i am behind in all things...
Great to hear that those tests turned out clear, but I really hope you find an answer to the pain soon. Sometimes the worry and frustration can be almost as bad as the pain.

Big hugs!
That's such good news. I hope you find out what the problem is soon though. I'm a big fan of Chinese medicine personally and have found answers there that I was never able to get from Western doctors.
Glad to hear the results ruled out some things. It's so frustrating when there is a physical issue and no one can determine why.

JinShinJytsu would suggest just holding your thumb (either one) whenever you think of it. Or suck it if you feel so inclined! Children and babies know this trick.
Karin said…
Thanks guys, I've been thinking of finding a new Chinese medicine practitioner here in Canberra - I had a great one in Sydney. I suppose if nothing else, we could DRIVE the 3 1/2 hours for an appointment! Actually, I'd really rather see her anyway.........hmmmmm.

JinShinJytsu. I'm going to have to look into that. Is it related to Shiatsu?

Popular Posts