Washing machines

Washing machines. How long do they last?

We've had ours about 9 and a bit years. To be exact, it entered our home in May 1999. We got it so that when I was pregnant with Søren, I wouldn't have to load up the laundry into big laundry bags, hop on the bus, cart myself to the laundromat, do the laundry, endure small chit chat ("Is this your first baby?""You are getting old, you shouldn't wait so long.""You should have more babies, one's not enough.""Miscarriages? No big deal. Everyone's had those.""You should, you should, you should etc etc....") with laundry lady, then ride the bus home again. Whew.......not terribly glamourous hey. But a good workout nonetheless, from both a physical and interactive point of view.

I think we are due for a new one. Makes sense. We just payed off the car.

Comments

CurlyPops said…
I had washing machine dramas last week. My expensive Maytag front loader only lasted two and a half years so I just bought a cheap Whirlpool this time.
Karin said…
Dang, bummer!!

I guess 9+ years isn't bad then. Hmmmm.........
Just as you paid off the car. That's always the way. I think the world is designed to keep the workers spending their money. The basis of capitalism isn't it?
Manda said…
Mine just died too! Rather than buying a new one we inherited the antique that belonged to my hubby's 93 year old grandmother who just moved into a nursing home.

Its old and crap, but at least it works!

http://www.mummalicious.com

Popular Posts