Love Fridays and flashback friday

Wow, we had a pretty good day today. I took the bubster to school in the bike/trailer. I felt invigorated out in the morning air. I haven't done that in a while.

Then I socialized during the morning, while the bubster was in school. This is rare for me as I tend to take him to school, come home and then pick him up a few hours later. Today I hung out with one of the other mums from school and we had a great morning. I felt that time slowed down, just for my benefit. It's a rare experience. Mostly I feel as though I'm stumbling along on the heels of time as it races away down the street. "Wait for me!!!"

Then the bubster and I walked home from school, ambling through every grove of trees along the way. It was lovely. I had the bike and trailer to haul with us but that wasn't so bad. He eventually got tired enough to want to ride.

The rest of the day was spent enjoying each other. I think I only got cross with him once. I've been flaring up lately at him. It's time to re-evaluate how we interact so I can try to minimize this. It's an awful feeling, yet so hard to control. It's my work. I don't have a job, but that is my work.

Flashback Friday - The bubster, 9 months old, discovers shadows. Sept. 05

Not what I would describe as very far back into the past - it's only a few years. But how those years fly! Whenever I feel 'Cranky Mum' rearing up, I need to look at photos of the bubster as a baby to remind myself that this beautiful, little, innocent guy is who I am raising.

Head on over to Big Cat's Emporium for more Love Fridays. :-)
Off to bed.

Comments

It is an awful feeling, when we are cranky with the people we love. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all do it.

That photo is lovely.

Popular Posts