Monday, September 15, 2008

Observation

Daddy: "Did you eat your snack, bub?"
Bubster: "Oh yes I did. I ate the trackters (crackers)."
Daddy: "What about the cheese?"
Bubster: "Oh I ate some of the cheese. A little bit but not really any."
Daddy: "It's nice cheese, isn't it. It's St. Claire cheese from Tasmania. Mummy and Daddy like that."
Bubster: "Well, yes it is nice cheese.....I ate some trackters with the cheese.... and then some of the cheese and then I said, "Hey! That cheese tastes like poo!" and then I just ate the trackters!" Shrugs shoulders and squints cheekily.

Hmm. Yummo.
Well, Mummy and Daddy still like it. Poo or no poo.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. I really agred with all of it. I have a lot of issues about what constitutes a real family. For me, three people isn't enough - but then I'm lucky that there are that many, I suppose. And I hate people having negative ideas about only children. Don't they realise that some people didn't chose to have only one child? And I also don't think that saying something like 'hurry up and have another' is acceptable. If the person who said that had a brain then they'd realise that maybe there's a more complicated story there and they would try being a bit tactful. Thank you so much for all your comments. I'm just full of admiration that you're alive at all given what you've been through. And it looks like you're a knitter as well! I'm mad on knitting now. I started after Laura died. I couldn't read a book, or do anything at all, but I could knit - although I hadn't done it since my teens. And so I just kept going. It's a very healing thing to do, isn't it? Thanks again for your comments.

Alice

Tracy, mom2many said...

Poo. hee hee. Poo on tracters. Definitely a boy snack.

Maki said...

Ha!Ha!
Daichi likes blue cheese.Yuck!!
Actually I don't like it very much...
I know your sons feeling.

miislasola said...

oh my, what precious innocence! Cheese tastes like poo....I'm in love! That is priceless! And trackters.. aw, what a wonderful little boy!