A Return

 

Cotter Dam. 2022

 

 Hello out there. It's been years. 6 years, in fact, since my last post. 

A lot has happened. The little boy in so many of my posts is now grown up! We've had a wonderful time living our lives and watching him as he becomes. He is a wonderful young man with an incredibly interesting life ahead for him. I'm very proud.

With such a big change on the horizon, I wanted to return to blogging with a focus on being the artist that I am in the world where I exist. I will always be a mother. The job continues. 

I turned 60 years old this year.

I am thinking more about what this next chapter in life will offer. I am hoping to immerse myself into larger projects. I'd like to create a permanent studio space for myself, either in our home or in an arts community. I'm interested in learning more about art residencies, both locally and abroad. I'm interested in continuing to find ways to combine being a dance artist with being a visual artist. I do still dance. At age 60, yes. There is no reason to think this should end soon.

I hope to visit Norway one day. I'd like to stand on ancestral land. I hope to go out on more dates with my husband. I hope to see more live theatre. 

There is more in mind. For now, I aim to keep a record of what I am doing and what I have created. In looking back over my blog, it is interesting to see how much I was able to achieve when my big son was young. I made a lot of stuff! 

And so I return. I begin again. The cycle of beginnings and endings and beginnings continues.

Comments

Popular Posts